Students that are graduating high school now have an opportunity to experience a Canadian adventure like no other! While obtaining a leadership certificate that can assist in university applications and obtaining work, you will be canoeing and hiking through some of British Columbia’s most beautiful locations. Additionally, while you are exploring popular sites in Vancouver and Whistler, you will have the opportunity to tour the University of British Columbia to get a glimpse of post-secondary life in Canada.
Dates: June 3 to 16, 2018
Ages: Graduates of 2018, or young adults (Co-ed)
Price: $2,550.00 CDN plus 5% GST.
Includes instruction, food, accommodation, most camping equipment, camping fees and transportation while on trip. Does not include flight, travel visa expenses and some optional activities.
Locations: Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Howe Sound, Sechelt Inlets Marine Provincial Park
Core Recreational and Educational Elements: Coastal hiking, canoeing, paddle boarding, Indigenous culture, life and social skills and outdoor leadership skills.
- Paddle, by canoe, along the majestic coastlines of Sechelt Inlet and Howe Sound
- Hike to a glacier lake (Rainbow Lake)
- Spend time at Whistler’s Fireside Lodge & Camp Capilano, and sleep under the stars in some of BC’s best Provincial Parks to enjoy some peaceful rest in your tent
- Enjoy a day visit to Victoria, BC’s capital city
- Learn the basics of front and backcountry camping, day hiking and orienteering,
- Visit the University of British Columbia, Emily Carr University and University of Victoria
- Obtain a leadership certification for use in university entrance applications
- Learn about leadership styles and competencies of leaders