Dates: July 12 to August 01, 2018
Ages: 14 to 18 (Co-ed)
Price: Early Bird (until December 16, 2017) $4,549.00 CDN plus 5% tax. Regular $4,799.00 CDN plus 5% tax.
Deposit: $700.00 CAD
Includes instruction, food, accommodation, most camping gear, camping fees and transportation while on trip including return flight between Vancouver and Whitehorse, Yukon. Does not include international and national flights, visa/travel fees and some optional activities.
Locations: Vancouver, Yukon River, Whitehorse, Victoria and Whistler
Core Recreational and Educational Elements:
Cultural and global consciousness, Canadian’s own El Dorado history, connections with Canadian Indigenous history, ocean and river canoeing instruction, leadership training, post secondary planning and preparation, backpacking and outdoor skills, life and social competencies development.
Expedition Course Highlights:
- 50% Canadian participants and 50% international participants
- Intensive outdoor leadership and wilderness training
- Multi day expedition paddling down the world famous Yukon River
- Visit a minimum of FOUR Canadian top universities
- Hike the incredible trails of Whistler and Grouse Mountain
- Day trips to Victoria and Vancouver
- Sleep under the stars in some of BC and Yukon’s most pristine wilderness areas and enjoy some peaceful rest in your tent
- Experience the beauty of Whistler Village, the famous landmarks and beaches of Vancouver, and a chance to see the northern lights of the Yukon
- Learn the basics of front and backcountry camping, river canoeing, orienteering, hiking and risk management
- Youth will partake in our supportive group and individual workshops pertaining to post secondary preparation, mental wellness, career visioning and healthy choices. All through our “coaching and listening” approach of instruction.
- Supported by experienced and skilled leadership instructors who will provide supervision for 24 hours a day for the entirety of the program
- Participate in Fireside leadership and canoe certification
- Letter of reference for post secondary and/or employment
- Partake in language and cultural exchange experiences with Canadian youth
- Participate in a half day community project
- Unplugged from wifi, phones, computers, home and peer life.